Vista Ski Area Positions Available
Applicants must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and pass a background check. No experience needed, we will train you. Buena Vista Ski Area operates from November through March. Applicants must be willing to work weekends, Dec 26 - Jan 1, Holiday Mondays, evenings and some weekdays.
Brief Descriptions on Job Positions
Complimentary lift ticket and rental for the employee during the duration of employment. Discounts on lift and rental packages for family and friends. Discounts in the Continental Cafe and the Ski Shop.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
- Lift Operator - Perform all lift operation duties. Must be 18 years old and willing to work outside loading chairlifts, shoveling and other related duties.
- Tubing Park Operator - Perform a variety of duties in the tubing park including loading and unloading guests, checking tickets, shoveling and hauling firewood. Must be 18 years old.
- Food Service Worker – Employees will operate cash register, grill and fryer, pizza ovens and other food service equipment. Will be responsible for the safe handling of food and for maintaining a clean food service area. Must be at least 18 years old to operate grill, fryer and other equipment in kitchen.
- Rental Technician - Employees will be certified to adjust bindings on ski and snowboard equipment and will distribute equipment to customers. Certified technicians must be at least 18 years old. They may be asked to help in other departments as needed.
- Ski School Instructor / Snowboard Instructor - Instructors must be able to give beginner to intermediate lessons to individuals and large groups. Instructors must be 16 years old. Must be able to work weekends, through the Christmas holidays and some weekdays.
- Snowmaking Assistant - Assist with snowmaking. Must be 18 years old, able to lift heavy objects, work night shifts and tolerate cold weather. Background in electricity, plumbing, and/or maintenance preferred.
- Cleaning - Employee is responsible for maintaining a clean chalet environment. This includes sanitizing tables and counter tops, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and garbage removal. Early evening hours. Approx 3 hours each day open.
*Employees must be willing to work Fridays through Sundays, during Christmas break (Dec 26-Jan 1) and on special openings and holiday Mondays. Employees may be asked to assist in other departments as needed.
If interested, please download an application and mail to:
Buena Vista Ski Area
Lake Julia DR NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
or email email@example.com